Apple refused to fix smoker's MacBook
Young woman called Dana found some problems in her laptop's work. CD-ROM began to play up soon after the purchase. Dana came to the Apple Store customer service, hoping the device would be repaired somehow. One of the support agents said that CD-ROM would be replaced after careful examination of the laptop.
However everything went wrong. Dana was denied warranty repair at all. The reason was tar from cigarette smoke founded inside the device! Engineers discovered several problems caused by nicotine dust. Smoking damaged the wire and the hard disk.
MacBook's owner was literally shocked as according to her own story wasn't smoker. Though the girl said her college mate smoked cigarettes near her laptop.
Anyway warranty repair service was denied. Dana was offered to repair her laptop at her own cost.
The case evoked a wide response, as there is nothing about smoking restrictions in gadget's manuals.